Thursday, September 14, 2006

Harrods, Green Man Pub - here we are enjoying lunch in my favourite store! Days are beginning to lose sequence however I think it was Tuesday we had the morning in Harrods, and it was still as good as ever, improved in that one does not have to pay to go to the 'ladies' anymore! We then separated and the other three went off to the British Museum which they thoroughly enjoyed and I wandered along Oxford Street... Yesterday we took a leisurely drive down to Winchester, a favourite town of mine as I used to visit it regularly during my days as 'lady companion'. All were suitably impressed by the Cathedral, worth the visit to the town on its own, and then the Sorensons had their first 'English Afternoon Tea'.
I cannot believe the weather, it is so warm and sunny... Laurie obviously has a short memory because he says it is typical September weather, however I pointed out from my bible, The Daily Mail, that it is the hottest September so far since 1907... he does not believe that paper!
Another super Home Exchange, after a day out it is always nice to come back 'home' slip into something comfortable and have, as what Georgene calls it, an adult drink and maybe a bite to eat if we feel like it.
The other three have taken off today to Portsmouth to visit The Victory and the associated museums - I will take the opportunity of maybe hopping on the train and having lunch in London with one of my girlfriends.
Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home